Monday, June 7, 2010

Wedding Planners

...I am tired of the almighty wedding planners who use their position to intimidate cake designers. I had a wedding this weekend, and the client rented a cake stand and had a deposit for my SFS cake supports. The client agreed in my contract to return them to me within a week of the wedding. I got a call from the wedding planner today, saying he was going to leave my cake stand and SFS supports at another venue he was going to be at today and I could come and pick them up there!!! What? How about returning them to me!!! This is what the client agreed to...so why should I have to go get them. When I politely questioned him, he got mean and said he was doing his clients and ME a favor by bringing them closer to me. Of course, if I objected, I would loose him for future referrals, but if I say I'll go and pick them up, then he'll do it again and again. So, I am stuck. Unless...hmmm...I could cash their security deposit, use part of it for my time to go and retrieve my items, and send them a check for what's left...hmmm... ~Submitted by Anonymous


****************************************

Comment on Wedding Planners - Keep the deposit and take the planner to the woodshed. You really want to work with a planner that has no respect for you? The client didn't do what they agreed to do, return the rental items, so they have voided the contract. Keep the deposit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment anonymously? Go ahead! If you want us to post your bitch, send us an email at bichinbakers@gmail.com.